Friday, September 21, 2012

Parts - License Plate Tail Light

I've been really busy with other things since bringing home the trailer but I have been ordering everything. I'm hoping to begin work today.

One of the things I ordered is a really cool third tail light. Spartans have a third tail light mounted to the license plate bracket. I bought a new stainless bracket since mine was completely rusted and broken. Then I found a stainless stop light made for 40's hotrods.

Turns out both parts are made by the same company and fit perfectly together.






The light is made of stainless steel and uses real glass. stop is amber and the rest is red.

I cant wait to mount this on the Spartan!


2 comments:

  1. hi. what size and brand did you use for the window gaskets? i have just started to dive into restoring a Spartan like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it from JCWhitney. I just checked and their prices went WAY up. They also take FOREVER to ship. It was three weeks before I got them in.

    The part number is STN75000014

    This site looks to be the cheapest but I would check with them first and make sure it comes in 6' lengths.

    http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/StanPro/Window_Channel/STN75000014.html

    Let me know when you get a blog up for the Spartan. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete