Thursday, March 21, 2013

Wiring and Insulation

I spent last weekend on the wiring and insulation.

I'm running all new 14 gauge romex for the 110v and 14 gauge automotive wire for the 12v. The outlets and two kitchen florescent lights are 110v and the rest of the lighting is 12v.


The panel I will be using is the PD4560, it is a combination 110v panel and 12v panel with a built-in power inverter to power the 12v side. It will be mounted in the back in a panel next to the bed. You can see where all the wiring goes too in the picture above.

With all the wiring done I started on the insulation. I got about 1/3 of the way done. To install the insulation I first sprayed the area with rubberized undercoating and then immediately put the insulation in place. This has a two-fold benefit. First it sound-proofs the shell a little bit and second it helps to hold the insulation in place.



Hopefully I can finish the insulation this weekend and start on the new paneling!

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome... I'm about to purchase a Spartan. Do you know any good sites for photos of restorations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out the Spartan Yahoo Group.

    http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Spartantrailercoaches/conversations/topics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello...thanks for the advice...so we got our spartan! A 1946...if you would like to check it out here is our blog. http://lifeinthebestmanor.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete