Sunday, November 4, 2012

Metal Work

I spent the day doing miscellaneous work on the camper. There are a lot of small things left to do before I can put the flooring in and the walls up.

The first thing I worked on was the U channel near the rear of the camper under the roll down windows. They were completely disintegrated from corrosion.

I was able to make some U channel out of the aluminum countertop. It had already been hacked up so I wasn't going to be re-using it anyways.




With that done I was able work on the banana wraps in the same area on the outside of the camper. These were completely corroded too.


I cut the new piece from the countertop as well and installed it.




Next I installed the thresholds in both doorways.




The last thing I had time to do was one of the roll down windows.


You can see how gunked up the mechanism is. I pressure washed everything, dried it, and greased all the gears and the sliders.

Here is the window ready to be reinstalled.


Here is the window installed.


The window crank works much better now.

I didn't get a chance to work on what I really wanted to work on today.




The flooring is Engineered  wood, it's called Natural Cherry. I will get it installed sometime this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment