Sunday, October 28, 2012

Rear Door Lock

I scored three sets of Bargman L-66 door locks for $100 at a small RV shop. They are used but in perfect condition. One is a complete set, the other two have a few parts missing.


I was able to make another working set out the the two minus the interior locking mechanism and a hold down bracket but I was able to replicate both out of some metal I had. I'll try to get some pictures of that later.

The set that was missing pieces had a set of keys with it but they dont work so I'll have to get a new tumbler set for it. I installed it on the back door so the complete working set with keys can go on the front door.

The measurements for the rough opening are 7" x 2 1/4". I used a scrap piece of acrylic as a template and used it to make the mark on the door.



I cut it out with a jigsaw then installed the lock.



It's going to need a lot of adjusting to work perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment