Sunday, October 7, 2012

Starting on the sub-floor

This weekend I began replacing the sub-floor. There are some pretty large areas of rot so I decided to replace the entire thing.

I started in the back.






First I located all the bolts holding the shell down to the sub-floor and cut them out with a sawzall. Then I had to remove the two corner aluminum wraps on the outside back of the camper to allow the shell to be lifted off the sub-floor.

Then I got under the camper and used the sawzall to cut the bolts holding the subfloor to the frame.


I sprayed the frame with a rubberized rust inhibitor undercoating.

I used the old piece of sub-floor as a template to cut the new piece, then I primered the bottom of it and installed it. I'm having to use carriage bolts because I couldn't find any elevator bolts.



The next piece of sub-floor I removed is 10' long and runs front to back. I'm going to have to figure out a different layout since I dont have any 10' plywood.





Removing this piece was much harder, I ended up setting my circular saw to 3/4" depth and cutting the piece out in chunks.

This is as far as I have gotten. Hopefully I can get some more done later today.


No comments:

Post a Comment