Monday, October 22, 2012

New Trailer Coupler

The original trailer jack was in bad shape and missing the crank. I decided to go ahead and replace the jack and the coupler.







First I removed the propane rack, the bolts were frozen solid so I cut them off. Then I cut the rivits off that hold the jack on. I had to free up the jack to remove it because the jack has to come out the bottom.

I was able to remove the eight bolts holding the coupler on.



and then remove the coupler.



The new coupler did not have any holes so I had to set it in place and trace the holes out from the inside. Then I drilled the holes into the coupler and installed it and the jack.





Tomorrow I will take the coupler back off, sand the tongue down with a wire wheel, then Primer it with a rust inhibitor, and then paint it.

No comments:

Post a Comment