Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tail Lights

I got the tail lights installed yesterday.



One thing I want to mention that is very important. Be VERY careful how tight you install the screws for the trim piece and what you use to install them with. I used my little Ridgid impact to install the screws, the combination of the impact and torquing the screw down too much caused the lens to shatter. At $75 a piece for originals that's a very costly mistake.



I also began working on installing the front wrap around windows. I clamped the piece of lexan directly to the camper and traced out the window shape on to it. Then I cut along the line with my jig saw,  then I used a scribe set at 1/8" to make a new mark because the gasket takes up that much all the way around. Then I cut along the new line. I intalled the gasket in the window opening to get the proper length for it.



I will install the window today when I have a second set of hands for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment