Monday, November 12, 2012

Pressure Washing, Window Felts, and Banana Wraps

I finally got around to pressure washing the exterior yesterday.




The two above pictures really give you an idea of how dirty it was.

I installed the window felts and cleaned the windows also. I was really surprised at how easy it was to replace the window felts.

Here is the window channel without the felts in it.


The old felts were so rotted they fell apart and about the only thing left was the bead.

It was just a matter of removing the four screws that hold the top felt in and removing the window. then I cut the new felt to size and popped it into the track.


The windows are now weather-tite.

Here is a before and after of one of the windows.









It's amazing how well the windows cleaned up, aside from a small scratch here and there and a little bit of bubbling at the edges in the laminate they look brand new.



I also worked on the last of the banana wraps. First I took measurements and cut the aluminum to size, then I bent the bottom 5/8" over for the lip. To do this I made a homemade brake out of some plywood strips, a 2x4, and some hand clamps.


I then bent the piece by hand to give it it's curve.


I then made a smaller one for the part under the door.

Here is the section before installing the wraps.


Here is the section with the two pieces in place.


I still have to get the curved piece back into place then rivet everything together.

No comments:

Post a Comment