Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Framing the bathroom walls and sink cabinet

Over the weekend I started work on the framing of the walls. First I laid out the bathroom, the only thing that will be in the bathroom is a toilet so it will be small. Here is the first wall.



The other wall will also serve as a pantry for the kitchen.


Once I put the ceiling panels in I will complete all the walls up to the ceiling. Next I moved on to the kitchen sink cabinet. Originally the sink was on the street side but I liked this layout better. The original cabinet on this side was in sorry shape. The facing is all 3/4" Birch, it was delaminating and rotted in several places.


I cut all new pieces out of 3/4" Birch, here they are laid out face down ready to be nailed together. Because this will now be a sink cabinet the original two drawers above the cabinet doors have been replaced with a blank panel.


Once they were nailed together I attached it to the cabinet frame. I had to cut down the cabinet frame to 60" to fit the new layout.

Here it is just sitting in place.


I still need to do a lot of tweaking to the cabinet before I can secure it in place. I have to re-position a lot of the bracing to make room for the sink, it is a stainless double sink from a '70 Airstream Safari.

No comments:

Post a Comment