Sunday, April 14, 2013

Framing the Bed

To frame up the bed I first had to make and install the Birch panels on the bedroom walls.





I used the original panels as a template but for some reason they didn't line up perfectly. It doesn't matter though, the entire bottom half will be hidden by the bed and the top half will be covered with trim.

Next I built the base for the bed.



Then I built the rest of the framing. I used a 2x6 to make the curved section.


It rained the entire afternoon which made things go really slow. I still have a little bit of framing left to do on the nightstand section on the right. I will use two pieces of 3/4" plywood on top of the framing. One piece will be at the very back, the other larger piece will be hinged so it can swing up for storage access.



No comments:

Post a Comment