Monday, April 29, 2013

Kitchen Cabinets

I installed the serial number plate and got my T-22 form done! I'll go get it registered later this week.


I finished the last of the shell panels last week.



I've been using 1/4" Birch on all the panels, I've had to kerf cut some of them to get them to bend. The small upper panel in the back would not bend. I broke three of them trying to get it in. I finally realized that I just happened to have half of an 1/8" sheet of Birch in my shop. It conformed to the curve easily without having to kerf cut it. The next Spartan I do will be ALL 1/8" on the ceiling and curved sections.

Over the weekend I worked on the kitchen cabinets. Both base cabinets were in really bad shape. The framing was ok but the faces were falling apart. They are made of 3/4" Birch and were rotted and de-laminating. You can see the sink cabinet (Curb side) in my previous post. The Street side cabinet used to be the sink cabinet, it was a small cabinet because the stove sat next to it. Since I will be installing a cooktop I had to extend this cabinet to the full 50" width.


Above is the face-frame of the street side cabinet. I used dowels to build it.

Here is the cabinet installed.


The next thing I did was rebuild the over head bins. The bottoms of both were ok but the faces were falling apart.



Then I put up the wall panels and the upper cabinets. The closest refrigerator panel is just sitting in place for the picture.





In the above picture you can see the cutting board. I got this at Ikea. I had to cut it down a little to make it fit.



I also finished the framing of the pantry.



No comments:

Post a Comment