Friday, April 12, 2013

Laying the cherry wood Floor

Now that I've got the walls up I've turned my attention to the floor. I will finish the ceiling afterwards. I need to get the floor down so I can get the couch and refrigerator in the camper, they have to come in through the front window opening. The door is only 24" wide but the window opening is 26" tall so I have 2 more inches to work with. Once the couch and fridge are in I can finally put the front window in and seal up the camper.

The flooring is engineered cherry that I got on closeout and was cheaper than most of the ugly laminate they had. I went to the store with the intention of buying laminate but then I saw this and realized that the weight is pretty much the same. If I remember correctly I got it for $1.19 sq ft. Cant beat that for real cherry!

First thing I did was clear the camper out completely.


Then I put down heavy weight felt paper.


I measured several points along the camper front to back to find the center and snapped chalk line along those points.

I then measured from the chalk line over to the first piece so it would be perfectly square with the camper. I'm having to scribe all the pieces that touch the front of the camper because the wall is curved.


Here is how far I got last night.


Hopefully I can finish up the floor and then finish the ceiling this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment