Sunday, April 7, 2013

Paneling

I worked the entire weekend on paneling the Spartan.





In the picture above you may notice the seam running from left to right. I did this to save on panels. I had a lot of left over pieces from cutting the walls to size at 65 1/8". I will put a strip over the open area in the center but it will be covered by a couch. The side pieces will be covered by built-in tables that will be on either side of the couch.


It is very slow going, especially now that I am into the curved panels. As you can tell from the last picture above I decided to keep the cedar panel in the center, it will run all the way back.

I was able to put the curved ceiling panels in by kerf cutting them before installing them, it made it much easier. They just popped right into place and held without any fasteners which left both my hands free to drill and screw them into place.

The last thing I did before calling it a day was work on the cabinet that goes above the the front windows.

The original was in really bad shape, so I used the original bottom and front as a template for the new one.



I actually completed it but did not get a picture of it before it got dark. Next I will hang it and the last three pieces in the front and then move on to the back of the camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment